Thank you for helping to launch Faith Fights Food Waste to your faith community.
This page provides everything you need to help faith leaders learn about speaking to congregants about food waste – from their own faith perspective.
This program is available for faith based and spiritual people in two versions:
- For Clergy
- For people of faith/spiritual people (see section 3 below)
Here, you will find everything you need to help more faith leaders learn about Faith Fights Food Waste.
- We suggest that you first visit FaithFightsFoodWaste.org/me to get some background information on the issue of food waste and hunger.
- For Faith Leaders: Identify people and organizations of influence in the faith community – people you know and those you know of. Of particular value will be faith organizations that have a hierarchical structure that allows you to reach one person within that structure who in turn can forward information to all of the clergy in that community. Then download a (click on name to start download) Buddhist / Christian / Hindu / Jewish / Muslim / Unitarian-Universalists letter and send it to the people you found. Feel free to modify it as you see fit. We’d love it if you would cc: FaithFightsFoodWaste@AmpleHarvest.org. If you prefer to reach out by phone and want an AmpleHarvest.org staffer to join you, we’d be more than happy.
- For People of Faith: Note that there are millions of people of faith whose spiritual leader did the sermon but they were not in attendance to hear it, or their faith leader did not do the sermon. For those people, we have a “personal” version that they can use at home. They can visit one of these pages at any time:
- Please also distribute it to your entire network in the faith community. Don’t forget any high school and college communities you work with!
- If you or your organization have a blog, please feel free to write a piece in your own words.
- A social media campaign with the hashtag #FaithFightsFoodWaste will be promoting the event. You can use your own messaging or these samples. Please contact jamie@AmpleHarvest.org with any questions or suggestions regarding social media.
- Join @ampleharvest and clergy across the nation for #FaithFightsFoodWaste. Sermons, curriculum, and more at FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- Clergy of all faiths and @ampleharvest team up for #FaithFightsFoodWaste. Invite your faith leaders to join FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- Imagine every house of worship addressing #hunger and #foodwaste across the globe. Join @ampleharvest for #FaithFightsFoodWaste FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- Have #FaithFightsFoodWaste in your house of worship with @ampleharvest resources at FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- We’re joining @AmpleHarvest for #FaithFightsFoodWaste. Download faith-based resources and join the conversation at FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- Let’s fight food waste and hunger in our houses of worship. Join @AmpleHarvest for #FaithFightsFoodWaste. Everything you need to get started is at FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- Clergy of all faiths are joining @AmpleHarvest for #FaithFightsFoodWaste. Faith communities across the nation will address hunger AND food waste during their times of worship, religious school programs and evening programs. Learn more at FaithFightsFoodWaste.org
- GRAPHICS (click on image to download a copy)
In two weeks, we suggest you follow this with a more general email to your network. You might also want to direct them to the FAQ for Faith Fights Food Waste. Please note that if there are any requests by the media for an interview, feel free to reach out to gary@AmpleHarvest.org. He’ll even put on a jacket and tie if needed.
We have a goal.
We want to have 30,000 clergy, 10% of the nation’s total, participating.
It’s big and its audacious. And it will make a huge difference in the future of the nation.
We have faith in that.
Thank you again for your help.
Note: Faith Fights Food Waste is an educational program from AmpleHarvest.org, a nationwide nonprofit. Your financial support helps make these resources available to all. Please consider making a tax deductible donation here. Thank you.